[mythtvnz] Sky digital

Corrin Lakeland mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:01:08 +1300

Hi all,

I've had myth working perfectly for quite a while now - annoying that
my old cx88 could scan channels but the cx25840 can't, but I digress...

i have been thinking of getting sky digital so I can a) get good
reception, and b) watch foodTV rather than download it off
bittorrent :).  Anyways, having never had sky, I'm a bit unsure about
all this new satellite & digital terminology, DVB-S f'instance...

So... if I want to replicate my current setup (2 channels at once) on
sky, what do I need to get? Everything I've read talks about being
unable to decrypt sky inside the PC, which seems to point towards
using composite or s-video from the decoder + an IR blaster to change
channels.  Apart from being messy, I can't see how this can do two
channels at once...

So... apart from giving up on mythtv and buying a mysky box, how can
I get two digital channels at once?

Sorry for all the FAQish questions, I did try google first! :)

Corrin