[mythtvnz] Building a new box using an ASUS A8N-VM CSM board

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:36:04 +1300

Ok I'm in the process of building a new MythTV box from scratch. I'm
based in Auckland and will only be working with Terrestrial TV. I'm
starting this thread to keep track of my progress, and gather feedback
from other MythTV users here in NZ.

At the moment I'm looking at using a 32 bit build, and migrate to a 64
bit version at a later date. In part this is because there isn't a 64
bit version of Knoppmyth. Unless anyone can recommend a 64bit Linux OS
for MythTV.

I'd also be interested  in catching up with anyone else using  the  new
Nvideo 6150/430  based boards.

Core Hardware
----------------
Motherboard - Asus A8N-VM CSM
CPU - Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939 Venice Core.
RAM - 512Mb DDR
Video - On-board Nforce 6150
TV-Out - Optional composite cable for on-board
Audio - On-board with optional SPDIF out cable
Case - nMedia HTPC100 M-ATX Home Theatre
Network - On-board Marvel Gig-E

Capture
---------
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE - PCI
LifeView Fly Video 3000 - SAA7134 based - PCI
Freecom DVB-T USB Stick

Storage
--------
13Gb Base OS HD
200Gb Seagate 7200 RPM Media HD.

Software
Knoppmyth R5A30.1
+ Nvidia graphics driver 8178 (or latest)
+ Nvidia nforce driver 0310 (or latest)
+ any tweaks needed for the DVB-T tuner and PVR 150 cards