[mythtvnz] Sudden loss of audio - SOLVED

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:37:11 +1300 (NZDT)

On Sat, January 7, 2006 9:12 pm, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org said:

> Well that was interesting.
>
> It turns out that I was loading the ivtv module with a parameter of
> "tuner=3D57"  I can't quite remember where that came from, but it was t=
he
> cause of all my problems.
>
> From dmesg...
> tuner: type set to 57 (Philips FQ1236A MK4) by ivtv i2c driver #0
> Apparently this is an NTSC tuner.
>
> If I just load the ivtv module with no tuner=3D line, it autodetects th=
is:
> tuner: type set to 38 (Philips PAL/SECAM multi (FM1216ME MK3)) by ivtv =
i2c
> driver #0
>
> I've now got better quality image on all channels except ATV, and prime=
 is
> in colour and TV One has sound.
>
> I'm happy now :)

When I first got my PVR-150 I put all sorts of parameters for the module
with very mixed results (all the parameters were mentioned in various
howtos). However just oading the module with no parameters and allowing
auto detection to do its thing solved all my problems.