[mythtvnz] Sudden loss of audio - SOLVED

mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 21:12:18 +1300 (NZDT)

>> Try also a cold reboot.  The PVR's retain their firmware across warm
>> reboots, but if you turn the box off for a few seconds, then back on,
>> ivtv reloading the firmware might work.  It's not like they
>> put ECC memory on PVR's, after all!

> Will-do.
> A TV gets a loverly picture on TV one using the same aerial and
> everything.   Thus its my card which is dicky.  Not happy.

Well that was interesting.

It turns out that I was loading the ivtv module with a parameter of
"tuner=57"  I can't quite remember where that came from, but it was the
cause of all my problems.

>From dmesg...
tuner: type set to 57 (Philips FQ1236A MK4) by ivtv i2c driver #0
Apparently this is an NTSC tuner.

If I just load the ivtv module with no tuner= line, it autodetects this:
tuner: type set to 38 (Philips PAL/SECAM multi (FM1216ME MK3)) by ivtv i2c
driver #0

I've now got better quality image on all channels except ATV, and prime is
in colour and TV One has sound.

I'm happy now :)