[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:43:46 +1300

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:59:16 +1300
Steven Ellis wrote:

> Problem is TVNZ wants to play with interactive TV which has always been
> somewhat lacking elsewhere in the world. Most people don't want it.

I downloaded an interactive Dr Who program (Attack of the Graske) that
someone had captured off a UK channel. I have only watched a few minutes
so far, but it has the new Dr popping up every now and then saying
"press the blue button if I should get in the Tardis, the Red button if
I should kick him in the shins". It all seemed very tedious which is why
I haven't watched all of it.

There are a few versions of this show floating around on bittorrent
sites, some where all the "right" buttons have been pressed while
recording, some where all the "wrong" buttons have been pressed.

As I say, it all seemed very laboured and painful.

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>