[mythtvnz] DVB-S output

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:11:37 +1300

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:43:01 +1300
Corrin Lakeland <lakeland@go.org.nz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anybody had heard of/played with DVB-S output?  This came
> about because I was thinking: It is a breach of T/C to decrypt sky yourself,
> but it isn't a breach to record encrypted channels.  So, how about recording
> the encrypted channel, and then playing it back via computer -> sky decoder
> -> PVR150 -> TV screen.
>
> Corrin

No problem. The Sky decoder at my house has the video out available as
SCART, composite and UHF. It records with the PVR-150 fine. One day I
will sort out an ir blaster to change channels on the sky box.

At the moment I use sky's "booking" system where the decoder will
switch to a program a few minutes before it comes on. I just have to
hope no-one has left the sky decoder on "mute" or "off".