[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Corrin Lakeland mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:36:24 +1300

On Friday 24 February 2006 12:39, Steve Hodge wrote:

>  A minimum spec 42" plasma is 3K and even a 32" LCD would be
> around $2500.

I spent that on a 32" LCD and am very happy with it.  The inbuilt sound is
better than $50-$100 computer speakers.  I'll probably replace the speakers
with external ones at some stage since it is a pain having to turn the TV on
just to listen to music, but I don't really object to the quality and if I
was looking for a $5k complete system, wouldn't replace them.  Of course,
they won't touch your system :)

The resolution is standard LCD (1360x768) and while the quality is visibly
worse than my wife's apple at 1920x1080, it is quite good enough for me.  Far
more pleasant on the eyes than my 'professional' CRT at 1600x1200.

Corrin