[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:22:43 +1300

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:27:26 +1300
"Steve Hodge" <stevehodge@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/26/06, David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> > Also, it'll be testing for a lot longer yet. Issues yet to be resolved
> > include local content providers being strongly opposed to 16:9 and HD,
> > and the overall goals of the Freeview platform in general.
>
> That seems rather short-sighted on the part of local content
> providers. Do they not realise that the rest of the world is going to
> 16:9 and HD? Or do they just no longer care about selling their
> product overseas?
>
> Steve

Doesn't seem so. Perhaps they are scared of the cost of new cameras!

Its damned annoying watching US or UK Tv panned and scanned (not to
mention the bits they cut out for whatever reasons.)