[mythtvnz] Help spending my brothers $5K on MythTV

Drew Whittle mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:32:36 +1300

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 14:35 +1300, Steve Hodge wrote:

> D1 replaces B1 they don't have the bandwidth for HDTV. Speaking of D1,
> anyone heard anything about the change over? Like when, and how are
> Sky going to handle it? I know they're installing MySky with dual
> LNBs, presumably for this reason, but what about the rest of us?

D1 will replace B1 at 160 so no changes for that, D2 is going to 156 to
replace C1. (B1 and C1 will be moved, one probably to 152, the other
possibly to 164 (A3), and A3 might end up as toast)

The dual LNB's are probably going to be for emergency failover (which
Sky is paranoid about now) and or sharing channels with foxtel on D2.

Except the for the location of D1 and D2, most of this is guess
work/theory by me.

:D