[mythtvnz] Manipulating Program Guide Information

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:14:33 +1300

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 2/21/06, Steven Ellis <mail_lists@stevencherie.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been using the tv_grab_nz_ontv script to get program information,
>> but it is missing Juice TV and C4. I was looking at switching to the
>> hairy.geek.nz information but i'd like to prune the feed to just the
>> channels i'm after. This would be just the terrestial channels in Auckland.
>>
>> Anyone else tried to do this and can provide any tips?
>>

> Just set the channels to be invisible (in mythtv-setup uncheck the
> "visible" option on the channel's page). Alternatively, don't define
> the channels you don't want and run mythfilldatabase with --update so
> it won't create them. You'll get a lot of warnings from
> mythfilldatabase but it should work. Finally you could look for
> something that can parse xml and strip out the unwanted programs.
>
> In my setup I have a TV tuner that gets the FTA channels, a video
> capture card that takes the output of a Sky digital decoder, and a
> DVB-S card that gets the free channels TVNZ broadcast via satellite. I
> use a combination of the first two options I mentioned above:
> The TV tuner only has the channels they receive defined, but I load
> the full EPG file against it with --update.
> The Sky input and the DVB-S card have various channels marked as not
> visible. I load the same file against both of those as well.

I had some problems with visible as with my PVR-150 + DVB-T combination.

The DVB-T card has priority, and even though TV3 & 4 were marked as not
visible for it, the scheduler would still try and use that tuner. Hence
i'd like to get XML TV feeds that only contain the data I want.

Plus if I use the hairy.geek.nz there are a lot of stations i'd like to
strip out.

Look like tv_grep will do most of what I want. Just working on a script
at the moment.

Steve