[mythtvnz] DVB-S cards order

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:37:00 +1300

--=-T8rFNvzc6SjQVqsR434C

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 18:47 +1300, Michael Stevens wrote:
> I'd be keen to know how the card goes - or is it common knowledge that
> this card is good in linux?=20

Of the three DVB-S cards I have (don't ask, long story), the TechniSat
Skystar 2 was the best of the bunch. I believe that's what most people
are ordering..

(The other two were a couple of TechnoTrend budget cards. They worked,
just the Skystar 2 seemed much better at coping with the tuner open all
the time, the TT cards appeared to be more sensitive to heat issues..
Also, Skystar 2 has a hardware PID filter, but is still a budget card,
which is a nice option. Less PCI traffic is good.)

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Catalyst IT Limited