[mythtvnz] RE: Welcome to the "mythtvnz" mailing list

Sam Banks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:52:56 +1300

------=_Part_5776_10296939.1139871176916

Dont apologise, in trying to convert mysettopbox users you alerted me to
this list which I had no idea about either.

On 2/14/06, Toby Mills <noise@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thought I would introduce myself and apologise for attempting to
> duplicate this list!!!
> I wasn't aware this existed so its been great to look over the archives
> and discover what I've been missing out on.
>
> I'm running a split front-end / backend solution based on an earlier and
> heavily modified knoppmyth version. Sky digital decoder and backend are
> out in the garage and using shuttles under each TV in the house with the
> shuttle PN31 USB remote (which was a breeze to setup as it just emulates
> a keyboard). Also running asterisk on a separate box and sending OSD
> notifications to mythtv front ends for callerid which is pretty handy
> when the phone rings. I'm using the Cisco 7940 IP phones which support
> XML so I have a script to extract the latest mythtv recordings and
> upcoming recordings and make them available to all the phones in the
> house (holler if your interested).
>
> Have experimented with wifi based frontends but have not been able to
> get enough reliability to risk exposing to the production WIFE
> environment which is extremely mission critical with a low tolerance for
> failure. :)
>
> Next project after upgrading to 0.19 is to install a DVB-S card for EPG
> and FTA.
>
> Cheers
> Toby Mills
> www.np.co.nz

quote">On 2/14/06, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Toby Mills</b> &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:noise@xtra.co.nz">
noise@xtra.co.nz</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" sty=
le=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;=
 padding-left: 1ex;">Hi<br><br>Thought I would introduce myself and apologi=
se for attempting to
 to look over the archives<br>and discover what I've been missing out on.<b=
r><br>I'm running a split front-end / backend solution based on an earlier =
and
e<br>shuttle PN31 USB remote (which was a breeze to setup as it just emulat=
es
>notifications to mythtv front ends for callerid which is pretty handy<br>w=
hen the phone rings. I'm using the Cisco 7940 IP phones which support<br>
XML so I have a script to extract the latest mythtv recordings and<br>upcom=
ing recordings and make them available to all the phones in the<br>house (h=
oller if your interested).<br><br>Have experimented with wifi based fronten=
ds but have not been able to
onment which is extremely mission critical with a low tolerance for<br>fail=
ure. :)<br><br>Next project after upgrading to 0.19 is to install a DVB-S c=
ard for EPG
dmin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
</a><br>[mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz">myth=
tvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz</a>] On Behalf Of<br><a href=3D"mailto:myth=
tvnz-request@lists.linuxnut.co.nz">mythtvnz-request@lists.linuxnut.co.nz</a=

p.co.nz">toby@np.co.nz</a><br>Subject: Welcome to the &quot;mythtvnz&quot; =
uxnut.co.nz">
mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz</a> mailing list! When you join<br>the list, =
it would be nice if you would post a brief &quot;new to list&quot;<br>messa=