[mythtvnz] RE: Welcome to the "mythtvnz" mailing list

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:51:58 +1300

Hi

Thought I would introduce myself and apologise for attempting to
duplicate this list!!!
I wasn't aware this existed so its been great to look over the archives
and discover what I've been missing out on.

I'm running a split front-end / backend solution based on an earlier and
heavily modified knoppmyth version. Sky digital decoder and backend are
out in the garage and using shuttles under each TV in the house with the
shuttle PN31 USB remote (which was a breeze to setup as it just emulates
a keyboard). Also running asterisk on a separate box and sending OSD
notifications to mythtv front ends for callerid which is pretty handy
when the phone rings. I'm using the Cisco 7940 IP phones which support
XML so I have a script to extract the latest mythtv recordings and
upcoming recordings and make them available to all the phones in the
house (holler if your interested).

Have experimented with wifi based frontends but have not been able to
get enough reliability to risk exposing to the production WIFE
environment which is extremely mission critical with a low tolerance for
failure. :)

Next project after upgrading to 0.19 is to install a DVB-S card for EPG
and FTA.

Cheers
Toby Mills
www.np.co.nz