[mythtvnz] Extracting EPG from sky

Craig Box mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:39:03 +1300

> bittorrent - a waste of time for this amount of data. the mechanics of
> downloading the .torrent file every day, then firing up a bittorrent
> client to get a 1/2 M data (compressed) is too much bother compared to
> good old wget or curl.

On the other hand, using BitTorrent to get your TV means you get it when the
US gets it, rather than several years later when NZ TV decides to play it.

I notice that Sky 1 have just got up to Season 7 of Stargate SG-1, which I
think TVNZ played for a while, then hid at midnight, then stopped half way
through the season...

Craig