[mythtvnz] Seeking within DVB-S recordings

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:49:04 +1300

At 04:02 a.m. 26/12/2006, you wrote:
>I haven't changed those settings -- as far as I know. If someone has been
>titoo'ing with them then they are going to get ALL the blame for this.

I sat down and went through the box yesterday.

First step? Stop mythbackend, stop mysql, and check the tables' integrity.
I decided to do the obvious thing and do it with 'myisamchk *.MYI >
log.log' so I could page up and page down at leisure. Not a single thing
came up in log.log, which seemed mildly screwy. I tried 'myisamchk *.MYI |
more', to examine the output as myisamchk was producing it.

Why oh why oh why do the errors and warnings NOT get passed to log.log?! I
checked the tables a fortnight ago when this started happening with a >,
got nothing, and thought it was something else. I could have fixed this two
weeks ago.

So.

I fixed recordedmarkup.MYI, ran mythcommflag --rebuild --all, and all is
now right with the world. Except for how B1 keeps crashing my backend, but
that's a whole 'nother story.

Just thought y'all would like to hear that I fixed this. The really screwy
part was that transcoded NUVs worked, PVR150 mpegs worked, but DVB-S mpegs
shat themselves when trying to seek through them.

Just make sure that you lot don't make my mistake. myisamchk can't redirect
it's error and warning output to a logfile AT ALL. You need to pipe it to
more, which CAN pause the error and warnings as they're being produced. God
knows why a pipe picks it up and a redirect doesn't.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth