[mythtvnz] Seeking within DVB-S recordings

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:57:20 +1300

------=_Part_66156_32812011.1167004640539

On 12/25/06, AlanP <alan.p@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> For some reason, I can't seek forward or backward through *any* shows
> recorded through the Skystar2s. Not even the ones recorded way back when
> the signal was stable, B1 was all alone, and the world was young.
>
> The funny part is that shows recorded on the PVR150 seek just fine. The
> problem with just using that is that quality from the aerial is abominable
> here.
>
> Checking my database tables with myisamchk (while mysql and mythtvbackend
> isn't running) shows that *they're* just fine, with no corruption.
>
> Anyone come across this in 0.19-fixes with KnoppMyth R5C7?

I'm not running KnoppMyth or 0.19, but I never had a problem with SkyStar2
recordings when I was. You can probably fix this be rebuilding the seek
tables (even if the table is ok as far as mysql is concerned the data may be
corrupt). I can't remember how to do this, but you should be able to find it
in either the intall docs, the wiki, or the main list archive.

Cheers,
Steve