[mythtvnz] Hello! And DVB-S woes...

Neil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:12:22 +1300

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
>
>> Neil
>>
>> You've had some fun then haven't you...
>>
>> Blind scanning will not work, what you really need to do is borrow a receiver
>> already pre-tuned to stuff off B1/D1 and use your sat finder with that, best
>> also get a compas and point the dish as close to the right direction as you
>> can, similar frequencies of other satellites will make the finder go mad but
>> if you try to tune Myth or a receiver it may not work.
>>

> One options is to use dvbtune under Linux to lock to the B1 multiplex
> and then use the Sat Finder.

The satfinder is wide band (will go nuts if it sees anything from
950-2400MHz on the cable), so the only thing that's important is LNB
hi/low band switching via the 22KHz tone I would presume. I'll try the
scan lists you gave me Steven...

I bought a compass yesterday, so I'll give that a go too.

A friend has offered their sky digital decoder to test with. I suppose
I'll give that a go, but I'm worried I might muck up their configuration
if I have to set it up for my LNB (which has different characteristics
to a stock sky one).. Anyone have experience with this?

Of course, if anyone in Wellington feels like bringing their card or STB
over, I'm sure I can return the favour in some way (beer, etc)...

Neil