[mythtvnz] DVB-S and Radio

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:20:19 +1300 (NZDT)

Any one here playing with the various radio stations you can get on D1?

A quick scan shows the following radio services are available FTA. I've
already contacted GeorgeFM to ask why they aren't FTA like these stations=
..

Kiwi:12581:v:0:22500:0:1160:1100
National Radio:12519:v:0:22500:0:1151:1101
Concert FM:12519:v:0:22500:0:1152:1102
Niu FM:12519:v:0:22500:0:1153:1103
Tahu FM:12519:v:0:22500:0:1159:1105
Calvary:12546:v:0:22500:0:1154:1107

Now it appears they are using 32000Hz MP2 audio for the radio stations,
yet they use 48000Hz MP2 audio on the video streams. This is a real pain
if you use a digital connection to an Amp as my amp only supports 44.1K
and 48K audio streams.

Now if I enable ALSA:default as the default audio out I get audio skippin=
issues. If I leave the device as /dev/dsp I only get audio on the PCM
stereo jack and not on the digital audio jack.

Anyone else with Radio issues?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz