[mythtvnz] Nvidia TV out overscan

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:46:54 +1300

On Sunday 17 December 2006 21:30, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Hadley Rich wrote:
> > I now call `nvidia-config --load-config-only` in my xinitrc which sorts
> > the problem very nicely.
>
> Yes its great. The standard profile I load for myPVR runs nvidia-config
> on startup and sets overscan for CRT screens.

It is good, I was really pleased when I figured it out. It did seem a
backwards to my thinking that the xorg.conf option had less adjustment than
the settings tool.

> > As an aside, I had the chance to setup a Myth box on a 50" HD plasma the
> > other day, it went quite well and looks very nice.
>
> How were you connecting, and what did you set the resolution to. 720p
> seems ok, but 1080p/1080i needs a decent amount of RAM.

It's connecting via a DVI to HDMI cable from a Geforce 6600GT to a reasonably
high end Samsung plasma.

The resolution is set to 1366x768 (native for the panel) in xorg.conf although
I noticed the other day that xdpyinfo shows the dimensions as 1280x720,
haven't looked into that yet (it's installed at a friends house).

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier