[mythtvnz] Nvidia TV out overscan

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:06:43 +1300

Hello list,

I found some time to play with my setup this afternoon and discovered
something that may be useful for the list archives.

I have a Nvidia FX5600 using S-Video out to a 32" widescreen CRT and up until
today had a little underscan in X.

I'd briefly played with the TVOverScan option in xorg.conf when I set the box
up but couldn't get enough overscan to completely satisfy me.

Today I was playing in the nvidia-settings utility and discovered that the
overscan slider there allows for more adjustmen than the xorg.conf setting.

I now call `nvidia-config --load-config-only` in my xinitrc which sorts the
problem very nicely.

Hopefully this helps someone sometime. Now the only thing left for me to
investigate is the dreaded prebuffering pause issue, but that's not bad and
can wait a little longer.

As an aside, I had the chance to setup a Myth box on a 50" HD plasma the other
day, it went quite well and looks very nice.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier