[mythtvnz] MythTV and DVB-S - Anyone using a DiSEqc ?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:35:18 +1300

AlanP wrote:
> At 09:25 p.m. 15/12/2006, you wrote:
>> Wait till you see the add's on Kurdsat stuff you'd never get away
>> with here in
>> NZ... TGN has some funny stuff but mmmm what do they say... ignorant
>> kiwi
>> here..
>
> ... and to think I'd happily settle for B1 not crashing my backend all
> the damn time. Mum keeps asking why Coronation Street gets recorded in
> two parts.
>
> What kind of outlay is it for a bells whistles and gongs setup like
> what you fellas are talking about with multi-sat, DiSEqc stuff?
Can vary dramatically.

Easiest option is a triple LNB which gives you B1+D1/B3/C1.

C1 - Almost all encrypted
B3 - One transponder of religious channels, plus one transponder of all
kinds

The interesting sat at present is NSS5 which a local outfit called
Orcsat are leasing a transponder on, but you would need an additional
dish for that.

I'm currently trialling a Toroidal dish (http://www.toroidal.co.nz/)
which can do upto 7 satellites, but I only have 4 loaded at the moment.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz