[mythtvnz] Unoffical MythTV Plugins - which ones do you use?

Nick & Ann Read mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:21:48 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

>In the past I've used some of the MythBurn plugins as they came with

>Knoppmyth, but most of that is now taken care of my MythArchive.

I've used Mythburn in the past, but not since I upgraded the HDD :-) Not
tried MythArchive yet.

>I've been looking at integrating MythStream as a way to handle some

>internet TV and radio stations.

I have tried this to watch ShineTV but it often crashed the box so got out
of the habit. Actually the biggest problem is I no longer watch whats on,
but what I've recorded, and MythStream doesn't record internet TV streams -
now there's a plugin I'd use...

>One of the biggest requests I get is for FM support, and sadly MythFM

>doesn't appear to be in development.

My PVR350 has an FM tuner, but never really had the urge to use Mythbox for
radio, got one on the stereo anyway.

>By far the biggest request I got a BBT was for a full web browser, such as

>Firefox. How many of you actually use your MythTV box for web browsing.

Actually I find web browsing via TV painful on the eyes, especially when its
so much easier on the PC. I occasionally click through from a news (RSS)
story to the full story, just using the default mythbrowser. Its bearable
with a wireless keyboard but too much like hard work with remote.

>Lastly another big request was a full email client. Not too keen on this

>one. Risks are low, but might leave you open to a script attack that takes

>out yout MythTV box.

Email via TV - nah! Possibly might find (filtered) notification of email
arrival useful though...