[mythtvnz] Unoffical MythTV Plugins - which ones do you use?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:26:40 +1300 (NZDT)

Tom's hardware has just covered some of the unoffical plugins
(http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/12/01/the_mythtv_convergence/) and I
wondered which if any do people out there use, or would like to use.

In the past I've used some of the MythBurn plugins as they came with
Knoppmyth, but most of that is now taken care of my MythArchive.

I've been looking at integrating MythStream as a way to handle some
internet TV and radio stations.

One of the biggest requests I get is for FM support, and sadly MythFM
doesn't appear to be in development.

By far the biggest request I got a BBT was for a full web browser, such a=
Firefox. How many of you actually use your MythTV box for web browsing.

Lastly another big request was a full email client. Not too keen on this
one. Risks are low, but might leave you open to a script attack that take=
out yout MythTV box.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz