[mythtvnz] MythTV + MPlayer + Xine + Remote - A Solution

phlux0r mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:10:43 +1200

OpenMedia Support wrote:
> Ok sorry this has taken so long, but here is the recipe I'm using.
>
> Copy these files as follows -
>
> keymap -> ~mythtv/.xine/
> lircrc.mce2 -> ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
> input.conf -> ~mythtv/.mplayer
>
> keymap - remaps some of the xine keys so that the remote will work sensibily
> lircrc.mce2 - uses irxevent for most mappings, but some custom maps for xine
> input.conf - just a couple of tweaks for mplayer to behave
>
> Now the hotkeys will work if you follow the hotkey map I have at
> http://openmedia.co.nz/openmedia/content/view/27/59/
>
> The only other thing are the missing /etc/lircd.conf maps for the hash
> and star keys which are
>
>         Hash     0x00007be3
>         Star     0x0000fbe2
>

> Let me know how you get on with this, and if you think there is a better
> mapping.
>
> Note that the arrow keys only work the menu in xine, ffwd/rwnd use
> different key maps. It was the only way to get the menus to work the way
> I wanted them.
>
> Steve

I looked at the configs and I pretty much mapped my Hauppauge remote in
a similar way to you as far as Xine goes. I've added some more mappings
than you for Xine though. For example, my hash key will eject the DVD
and my Stop key will actually go back to the TitleMenu as I find that
more logical than to just stop the DVD and get the Xine background. I've
got my number keys mapped to things like SpeedSlow/Fast and
AudioChannelNext/Prior and SpuNext/Prior as I find it useful for
switching audio tracks and subtitles. My other difference is that I have
the >| and |< buttons mapped to skip 60 seconds and my ChannelUp/Down
buttons to skip to next/previous chapter. I guess it's a matter of
preference but I think your config works well without overloading the
remote with functions that one needs to remember.

Thanks for posting it.

Robert.

--
The way you see people is the way you treat them
and the way you treat them is what they become.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe