[mythtvnz] DVB and a 150 coexisting

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:22:26 +1200

On 8/12/06, AlanP <alan.p@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> - EPG -- the thing is STILL twelve hours ahead of what it should be, and
> there is no option to slow it 12 hours. The XMLTV offset doesn't work. I
> don't want to slow down the system clock 12 hours, because then everything
> ELSE will go funky.

If you're getting EPG data via tv_grab_dvb there is a command line
option to fix this. E.g. I'm using:
tv_grab_dvb -s -o 12 > /home/mythtv/listings-$$.xml
The -o 12 tells tv_grab_dvb to offset the times in the resulting xml
by 12 hours.

> - Tuning -- or getting digital and analog to live happily together. It's
> not very intuitive, and there are approximately no easily found guides.

Can you provide a dump of the channel table in your database for the
channels in question?

> - MythMusic -- it behaves decidedly funkily, and my hodgepodge of randomly
> tagged MP3s mean that, for instance, there are four different Johnny Cash
> artists in it. If I don't have a way of getting it to just show
> directories, I'm going to have to do more work than I want to.

I don't have a good answer for this. I've corrected all of the
metadata in the musicmetadata table by hand, but I don't have a way to
get this metadata back into the mp3s. I have backed up my
musicmetadata table so that if I do a rescan in myth I don't have to
manually fix everything again. Anyone got a better solution?

> SOLVED- Hard drive -- SATA II drives are the best value for money right
> now, so I got one, thinking, well, it's been more than a year, surely Linux
> supports it. Wrong. Debian stable didn't, Fedora was a piece of crap and
> supported it, and KnoppMyth doesn't. I wound up buying a PATA WD 160GB from
> Tricky Dicky for more than I probably should have. Very first HDD I've EVER
> seen that came in a box and wasn't OEM.

I have a SATA drive in my Myth box. I just bought a SATA PCI card
(http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH8269) as the
motherboard doesn't have SATA. It works fine under Linux. I have the
same card in a WinXP machine with a SATA-II drive as well.

Cheers,
Steve