[mythtvnz] Getting xmlTVNZ to work with Mono

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:55:59 +1200

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:51:27 +1200
Craig Box wrote:

> > As I understand it there is more than one implementation of mono. On
> > gentoo I have emerged the package simply called mono from
> > http://www.go-mono.com/ (its in portage). It works with xmlTVNZ.exe,
> > there is no package in portage called mono-web.
> >
> > I looked on my knoppmyth installation and the package repository at
> > packages.debian.org for mono packages, but came away very confused.
>
> Mono is an implementation of the .NET framework.  There is only one of Mono.

Thank you for the clarification. I think I was confused by the 2 gentoo
packages, mono from http://www.go-mono.com/ and monodevelop from
http://www.monodevelop.com/

> It's not in Debian yet, so check out http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/ -
> there are backports for Sarge at backports.org, but I assume knoppmyth comes
> from unstable sources.
>
> I believe Mono will be available in Etch; it is available in Ubuntu as well,
> but that doesn't help you much with KnoppMyth.

There are certainly mono packages in testing or unstable, but there were
a confusing number of things with "mono" in the name.

I think I will leave xmlTVNZ to run on my work gentoo server, which can
then serve a gzipped tv.xml file to my home myth box.

When i get around to it.

BTW I have hound that the tv3 flag to xmlTVNZ has crashed it in the
past, the solution was to use sky_tv3

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>