[mythtvnz] Ubuntu Dapper ivtv, X server crashing

Graeme Woollett mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:56:27 +1200

I'm running dapper 2.6.15-26 with nvidia driver version 8762 ivtv 0.44,
and _any_ version of mythtv!   Since updating my machine recently (and
the kernel, recompiling ivtv drivers) whenever I try to watch something
on the backend machine the screen goes black, no sound and X no longer
responds to the keyboard.  A reboot is the _only_ way to get it back.  I
have observed this problem on an Athlon & a Celeron system.  Both need a
reboot.
Everything worked fine until I did an update.  I have also tried
ivtv-0.46 but get the same results.  Mplayer nicely shows the output
from /dev/video0, when played back through myth everything turns to
custard in full screen or windowed mode.  I have looked through the
postings at ubuntu forums, some other people are having the same
problem, but answers are not forthcoming...

Any ideas appreciated