[mythtvnz] Cabling my house

AlanP mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:03:59 +1200

At 11:46 p.m. 1/08/2006, you wrote:
>Another good touch was 3 RG6 cables to the lounge so I have TV (combined
>VHF and UHF), satellite and a return to a distribution amp in the garage
>that then goes out round the house. That allows a VCR or sat box in the
>lounge to be repeated round the whole house.

While we're talking about RG-6 cabling, I recently picked up some RG-6,
some plugs, and a 4-way satellite signal splitter. It cost me about ten
bucks, BEFORE trade discount (which I got -- Dad is an electrician). The
plugs were very interesting to put together, I'll say that for them.

Tricky Dicky wanted $19 for a 2-way splitter. And they needed to order it
first.

Check out Ideal Electrical, or one of the trade places before going to Dick
Smith for stuff like cable, sockets, splitters and so on.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"Yay, evil evil! Happy torture!" -- Gwyneth