[mythtvnz] PVR150 channel changing woes

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:28:45 +1200 (NZST)

Graeme Woollett wrote:
> Your're right, I've wasted hours on this.  The software v4l based cards
> always just worked.

Funny - I've always had the opposite... I own two simple cards that have
just not worked with myth... a SAA7134 (which is now running as a camera)
and a hauppauge wintv GO card (bt878) which simply will not give sound.

> I had it working with an old mythconverg database (with the PVR150's),
> except it wouldn't upgrade to the lastest schema in 0.19 so I started
> again.
>
> I'm really starting to feel the heat from the wife, it's part of her
> life support system :-P

Aye - some myth users suggest you have a separate slave backend for
testing purposes.  Not got this myself either.

>>> when mythtv tries to change the channel itself I get
>>> QDateTime::String Parameter out of range messages from mythfrontend.

>> That sounds to me like you've got a 0 somewhere there should be a
>> number.
>> http://criggie.dyndns.org/crap/tvone.jpg   Thats my mythtv-setup --> 5.
>> Channels --> then TV One.   Compare and see whats wrong on yours.

> Looks just like yours, I've even set the frequency ID on the next page.
> I'm running ivtv-.043 what r u running?

Kernel 2.6.16.11 and ivtv 0.6.1   I had to do this to get the tuner part
of one of the PVR150s recognised.  Its all working now.

There's also a ivtv 0.8 series in svn... but thats getting a little too
risky for my taste.

You did stop and restart the backend processes etc?

It is possible there are some silly records somewhere in the SQL
database...  How comfortable are you with sql?  Try this:

backend>   mysql mythconverg
This runs mysql and conencts to the myth database

mysql> select * from channel;
Shows you all the records in the table named channel.  Its quite wide.  I
have 12 rows in the table - but only actively use four channels.

These next two lines are the field names, and the TV One record.  Compare
with yours and see whats up.

| chanid | channum | freqid | sourceid | callsign   | name       | icon |
finetune | videofilters | xmltvid        | recpriority | contrast |
brightness | colour | hue   | tvformat | commfree | visible |
outputfilters | useonairguide | mplexid | serviceid | atscsrcid |

| 1004   | 3       | 62250  | 1        | TV One     | TV One     | none |
NULL     |              | 1035.dvb.guide | 0           | 32768    | 32768
    | 32768  | 32768 | Default  | 0        | 1       |               | 0
          | NULL    | NULL      | NULL      |

--
Criggie