[mythtvnz] Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S card pricing for NZ market

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:19:21 +1200

--=-gjDjt5T5c6IJ3fj7aeWr

[Apologies for replying to a deeper post than the one I'm quoting..]

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:40 +1200, Open Media Support wrote:
> >> 1. Are enough people interested to make it worth my time
> >
> > Depends on what the status of the FTA stuff from CanWest is; if we can =
get
> > 1-4 FTA unencoded etc, I'd buy one.

CanWest signed a deal as well.

But I am still picking it'll be FTV, not FTA. They'll want to honor the
regional nature of their rights (ie, they hold the rights for NZ, not
merely anyone in the footprint with a large enough dish).=20

And it will hurt Sky, because they won't be in a position to
transparently offer FTA content to their subscribers by just including
the FTA transpoders in their list.

Someone actually needs to spell this out soon, before the wrong
decisions are made on purchasing. If there are TVNZ/CanWest/BCL people
lurking here, _please_ put pressure on the appropriate people to
publically clarify how it will be delivered!

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration
Catalyst IT Limited