[mythtvnz] OK - here we go!

mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:00:38 +1300 (NZDT)

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 8:04 am, Wade Maxfield wrote:

> My local supplier is DragonPC. When I searched their site for Haupage I
> got the following....
> http://dragonpc.co.nz/search.aspx?kw=hauppauge&search.x=39&search.y=7&search=search
>
> They all sat "wintv". Are they suitable?

Yes, they're all PVR cards.  There's a winTV express card that is a dumb
frame-buffer.  IE it uses the CPU to compress to mpeg, and hence requires
a decent CPU.

Hauppauge WinTV PVR150MCE TV/FM Tuner OEM *Watch TV with dbx-TV Stereo
*Record TV to disk with time shift & scheduler *Includes FM Radio Antenna
*OEM Packaged	Stock Nil   $131.76

Hauppauge WinTV PVR150MCE TV/FM Tuner Retail *Watch TV with dbx-TV Stereo
*Record TV to disk with time shift & scheduler *Includes FM Radio Antenna
*Retail box includes Remote Control & IR Receiver	Stock Low $185.52
Hauppauge WinTV PVR150MCE-LP TV/FM Tuner OEM *Low Profile PCI card *Watch
TV with dbx-TV Stereo *Record TV to disk with time shift & scheduler *OEM
Packaged	Stock Low  $149.00

Don't you dare going for USB - we'll disown you if you do :)

> Can someone recommend a local supplier (Christchurch) for a suitable card?

www.ascent.co.nz   not Christchurch, but free overnight courier makes that
a non-issue.  Also 2% off for direct credit payment.

http://www.ascent.co.nz/HardwareCategory.aspx?catname=DV+%26+video+capture

WinTV-PVR-150MCE TV Tuner, FM Radio, PCI, OEM  	$134.75 INC GST