[mythtvnz] EPG icons

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:09:34 +1300

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:29:41 +1300
David Zanetti wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 13:46 +1300, Dagan Galarneau wrote:
> > Here's an example of an entire entry.  Populate the XML file with all of
> > your channels in this manner, and you're pretty much all set:
> >
> > <channel id="TV1@SkyTV.tv.nz"><display-name
> > lang="en">TV1</display-name><display-name lang="en">1</display-name><icon
> > src="http://210.56.39.237/xmltv/logos/tv1_newzealand.jpeg"/></channel>
>
> I had pondered doing this properly when I started to autogenerate the
> service ID listings (see http://hairy.geek.nz/epg/service-ids.txt ..)
>
> Would there be much interest in having this mostly automatically
> generated?

yes I think so, but first, wouldn't it be better to have this info in
the forst part of your listings.xml file? other xmltv listings i have
seen have a bunch of

<channel id="blah"...

Followed by a bunch of

<programme channel="blah"

With utmost rterspect, yours seems a little muddled. I am not sure if
that is a "feature" of the software you are using, or some sort of
operator error.

Not that I am complaining, but a decent feed that didn't need any
massaging is just what we all want!

--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>