[mythtvnz] Best NZ commerical settings

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:44:23 +1300

>I guess the title says it all...
>
>I'm finding that the S-Video feed from my Sky box is clean enough for the
>commercials that are in the 'original' places to be detected - eg FoodTV
>from UK channel 4 has 1 break in the middle thats OK, but the extra breaks
>put in over here are usually just the flick of a switch. [must be a good
>job for a brainless teen - wonder if it pays well and they'll take an old
>geek like me?]
>
>Same goes for a lot of programs that have been 'bought in'. Homegrown ones
>seem to have the 'fade-to-black' that is detected quite well.
>
>So what are peoples using? I'm set up on All without strict ticked.

I've got All with Strict ticked.  Seems to work 95% on TV3 and C4. TV
One is a bit flaky, with some commercials not being detected and a
couple of false positives.  Currently set Auto-Skip to notify, to see
how it goes.

All of this is using OTA coax inputs from the back of the Sky
Decoder.  Haven't got my IR Blaster working so I don't know what the
Sky Channels are going to do.

  - Wade