[mythtvnz] DVB-S Setup?

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:34:28 +1300

--=-Zpgm6aDkPM8jS6vuYHzA

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 17:15 +1300, Wade Maxfield wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the info on http://pvr.geek.nz/w/index.php/DVB-S_Set=
up
> I've got a TechniSat SkyStar 2 pci card and if I do
>=20
> # dvbtune -f 1183000 -s 22500 -p v -m
>=20
> I get the same basic output as listed on the wiki. So far so good.
>=20
> But when I get to the scan -c I get:
>=20
> # scan -c
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
> WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
> dumping lists (0 services)
> Done.

Tends to suggest it's not tuned quite right. I had a lot of problems
getting real services on the appartment-shared Sky feed, in the end, I
have to use -p h (horizontal polarity) before it would behave.

Just a thought, try -p h, see where it gets you.

Have you tried other transponders? What's the error rates for tuned
transponders? >512 is bad.=20

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration