[mythtvnz] IVTV problems

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:04:55 +1300

>On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 3:25 pm, criggie@criggie.dyndns.org wrote:
>
>>  Your next mission will be firmware loading :)
>
>Would you care to elaborate Craig?
>
>We are having problems (mental blocks perhaps) tuning the card now.
>
>We have managed to capture the input from Sky using the component input
>
>ivtvctl -n
>
>mythtv ~ # ivtvctl --set-input=2
>ioctl VIDIOC_S_INPUT ok
>Video input set to 2
>
>but using the tuner input we do not know how to tune it.
>
>Is there a howto for NZ? (which we can understand / follow)

So are you stuck at how to test the tuner with Free-To-Air channels?
Or how to get sky via the tuner?

The only way I know to get sky via the tuner is to set the capture
card channel to 38 (or whatever channel you've set your sky decoder
to use - it's in the advanced preferences of the sky decoder from
memory.) I believe 38 is what quite a few of the sky installers use
by default.

If it's FTA TV then you can use ptune-ui.pl to play round with.  Just
find ptune-ui.pl (might be /usr/lib/ivtv/ )
then

./ptune-ui.pl &
  mplayer -vo xv /dev/video0

Just don't change channels to quickly, as depending on your hardware
there may be a noticable delay between changing the tuner, and then
seeing it in mplayer

http://zaf.geek.nz/projects/mythtv/channels.php
has a list of channel ids if you need them.

The channels ids then get used in mythtv-setup, but you should be
able to suss that out at the right time.

  - Wade