[mythtvnz] Settings for Mythtv & Soundblaster Live 5.1

Graeme Woollett mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:41:19 +1300

I'm having some problems setting this up so that the sound captured from
my TV card isn't distorted.
I would have thought a muted linein with its capture set  and the
capture level up would be enough.

However to get any sound recorded & heard I have to have both the PCM &
Wave outputs up and the AC97  capture input up as well.
The sheer number of controls on this card without documentation of how
they are wired together is bewildering to say the least.
I have done a LOT of playing with alsamixer and gnome-alsamixer but not
making any headway.

The 2nd sound card I'm using is an ALC650 which "just works".

Is anyone here using a Sound Blaster Live card and could give me some
pointers on what I may be doing wrong.  I'm running Ubuntu 5.1

Thanks
Graeme

MailScanner Supplied by ITS-HelpDesk.
ext 4001 or email helpdesk@irl.cri.nz--