[mythtvnz] OK - here we go!

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 04 Dec 2005 09:35:37 +1300

--=-tDdRuTnCh+lH+ALFrKbq

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 08:47 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:12:24 +1300
> Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>=20
> > I do have a problem with my xorg file though as I cannot seem to get th=
e TV=20
> > working from the Composite output of the video card. (Hardware is OK be=
cause=20
> > it worked with windows.)
>
> What sort of card is it?
>=20
> wouldn't you be better with the VGA input anyway?

VGA input on most TVs is pretty poor. It's either not fully overscanned,
or the conversion isn't as good as most graphics cards I've seen.

I run my card at 720x576 (ie, visible PAL) with correct overscanning,
output over SVideo. Works really well, although only some TV chips will
do it.

--=20
David Zanetti <david.zanetti@catalyst.net.nz>
Team Leader, Systems Administration