[mythtvnz] So what hardware/software is everyone using?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:58:05 +1300

I'm using:
Capture - DSE XH6594 video capture card (for Sky Digital) - this is a
rebadged Avermedia EZCapture
Capture - An SAA7134 capture card (can't remember which one) for FTA
analog broadcasts
Capture - TechniSat SkyStar 2 TV DVB-S capture card for unencrypted
satelite broadcasts (using the Sky Digital dish so just TV1, TV2,
Maori, and NASA TV).

Motherboard - Asus A7N8X
CPU - Sempron 3000+. Actually a 2600+ I think, but overclocked via FSB
to 2GHz - has been perfectly stable.
RAM - 256MB. Haven't found a use for more.
Sound - DSE XH7847 - 6 channel PCI sound card. I need two audio
capture devices and this one comes with the S/PDIF bracket so I can
output to my AV receiver. The motherboard also has S/PDIF out but I
don't have the bracket/adapter.

Remote - existing universal remote via homebuilt Lirc receiver. This
seems to have lost reliability over time - it's very unreliable now. I
mainly use a BTC 9019URF keyboard which is great. It's got a joystick
which works with MythTV and MAME, and can be used in mouse mode if
necessary.

> Capture - DVB-T Card  - optional but hopefully test transmissions in
> Auckland will go live.

What will be offered? And when? I recommend DVB-S if you've got Sky
Digital. As well as the great quality on TV1 and 2, you can grab the
Sky EPG data this way.

> Software

I'm using Gentoo. MythTV 18.1 (standard Gentoo ebuild).

Steve