[mythtvnz] So what hardware/software is everyone using?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:22:17 +1300

I've been prototyping a MythTV Box but I'm still waiting on the right
hardware be readily available in NZ as i'm after a tightly integrated
solution. Looking to build this in late Jan.

Hardware
-----------

Capture - Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE - primary capture - might upgrade to a
PVR 500 for dual tuners.
Capture - SAA7134 analog capture card - backup source.
Capture - DVB-T Card  - optional but hopefully test transmissions in
Auckland will go live.

Motherboard - After a Socket 939 board with integrated digital audio,
raid, and TV out including Component, SVideo and DVI - Considering ASUS
A8N-VM CSM
CPU - Ideally a Socket 939 Sempron to keep price down, but I might have
to use a full Athlon 64
Ram - 512Mb with as little as I need dedicated to the onboard video.

Remote - Existing Universal Remote.

Software
Built a rough prototype using a recent alpha of knoppmyth and managed to
get the recent ivtv patches working so the PVR 150 could capture. Works
really well. Also did the tweaks to get the tv guide up and running for
analog stations in auckland.

For the prod system i'd like to use a clean debian or ubuntu build with
as much off the shelf MythTv as possible.

So what is everyone else up to then?

Steve