[Mcc-interest] New season at Maidenhead Camera Club

Michael James Kiely michaeljkiely@tiscali.co.uk
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:51:53 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5ADBD.CC1ACDA0

Dear all

I have just sent the follwing text to MCC members.

Hope you find it of interest.

It would be great to see new (or old) members at the club.

Regards

Michael

BRAND NEW SEASON AT MAIDENHEAD CAMERA CLUB=20

Dear all

I am delighted and privileged to announce the arrival of the new season =
at Maidenhead Camera Club. After a lot of planning and phone calls the =
season has come together and we will commence on Tuesday 6th September.

The season will kick off with our traditional opener - the Open Evening.

I will be calling on various people in the next few days to ask for =
their help. We are looking to promote various aspects of the club, =
including the onset of digital, more traditional methods, the =
competitions, the trips and days out, the talks etc. etc. etc. If you =
want to contribute, give me a ring or respond to this email (tiscali - =
My HOTMAIL account is officially DEAD)

The following link will take you to the first couple of months of the =
programme on the website. Whilst there why not have a nose around at the =
rest of the website an consider how you might contribute to this =
valuable club resource.

http://www.maidenhead.cc/twiki/bin/view/Main/ProGramme

LIBRARY EXHIBITION

I cannot let the opportunity slip to mention the Library Exhibition. A =
big thank you to all the people who helped me on this, it was not a one =
man show and they know who they are. Also a big thanks to all members =
who contributed prints to the exhibition, without whom, lets face it, it =
would just be a load of velcro boards! Special mention though to the =
committee for positively responding to my request for an urgent summer =
committee meeting and to Chris Pooley and Bob Simpson for assisting in =
putting it all up.

If you contributed prints, some or all of your work was on display. I am =
keen to return this to you (I don't need many excuses for an untidy =
lounge) but also need to keep one eye on the open evening where some of =
the work will be featured.

Disappointingly the Advertiser seemed to ignore a press release I sent =
them. I spoke to them on the Thursday and they assured me an item was in =
the paper. Sadly we may have been 'bumped'. An unfortunate plane crash =
happened on that Thursday, as they went to print. I will try again for =
the Open Evening (an advert has been placed).=20

>From exhibitions now closed to current exhibitions ....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NORDEN FARM=20

Wednesday 31st August marks the start of Norden Farm's 5th birthday =
celebrations. It is difficult for many of us to believe that it has been =
FIVE years.

To celebrate this milestone major arts groups have been invited to =
contribute. As ever MCC is at the forefront and Rod Bird (still =
convalescing from Welsh photographic ventures!) has stepped to the plate =
and gathered together a selection of club images and presented them in =
our frames. The preceding sentence does not do justice to the effort Rod =
will have gone to, to put this on. Thanks also to contributors!

I look forward to seeing the work on display (whilst trying to exhibit =
some of our leaflets!!!).

Do get along to Norden Farm before the 18th September to see the =
exhibition.

SPRING EVENT AT NORDEN FARM

A key success over the summer has been to secure the services of Mike =
Maloney as our keynote speaker at Norden Farm on 11th April. Big thanks =
to John Saunders, Bob Simpson, Peter Noble and others in securing this, =
and to John for his continued contact with Mike to ensure all is in =
order. He is a former Mirror Group Newspaper 'snapper', winner of many =
awards and more recently a regular contributor to Amateur Photographer. =
Readers of AP will have noticed that Mike has celebrated his proposed =
visit to Maidenhead with a haircut a little longer than mine.

He is a great public speaker, it should be a great event.

WHAT DID YOU DO DURING THE SUMMER?

This is the title of our second evening. A chance to present to members =
old and new. It was very successful last year. If you wish to =
contribute, please let me know. Places and TIME strictly limited!

NEW SEASON, NEW YEAR, RESOLUTION???

The season starts 6th September.

Do come along. Chat to potential new members. Do your best to recruit =
them! I cannot emphasise enough how important this is. As many of you =
will know I have a terrible head for names dates etc. etc., but we need =
to make people feel welcomed and able to be a part of our 'community' - =
I know you will do us all proud.

Do let others know that the season is starting, we need to keep on =
recruiting to maintain our very healthy membership numbers.

I will be sending you a few leaflets in the next couple of days. This =
will be accompanied by a full programme, a letter from me (zzzz zzz zzz) =
and a membership application form (as suggested at the AGM).

Make it your 'new year' resolution to=20

  1.. stick up a few leaflets on noticeboards you have access to or hand =
them to interested parties
  2.. come to the open evening to meet new members (crucial) and old =
acquaintances (enjoyable)=20
  3.. pay your subs early by completing the membership form I send to =
you
If enough people do this, I will make it my 'new year' resolution to

  1.. Write shorter emails
  2.. That's it! - what more could incentive could you need.
I have probably missed loads I was supposed to tell you.

Do not forget TUESDAY 6TH !!!!

See you on Tuesday 6th, no doubt with appropriate payment method in =
hand!

Michael=20

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5ADBD.CC1ACDA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have just sent the follwing text to =
MCC=20
members.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hope you find it of =
interest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It would be great to see new (or old) =
members at=20
the club.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Michael</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P>BRAND NEW SEASON AT MAIDENHEAD CAMERA CLUB </P>
<P>Dear all</P>
<P>I am delighted and privileged to announce the arrival of the new =
season at=20
Maidenhead Camera Club. After a lot of planning and phone calls the =
season has=20
come together and we will commence on Tuesday 6<SUP>th</SUP> =
September.</P>
<P>The season will kick off with our traditional opener =96 the Open =
Evening.</P>
<P>I will be calling on various people in the next few days to ask for =
their=20
help. We are looking to promote various aspects of the club, including =
the onset=20
of digital, more traditional methods, the competitions, the trips and =
days out,=20
the talks etc. etc. etc. If you want to contribute, give me a ring or =
respond to=20
this email (tiscali =96 My HOTMAIL account is officially DEAD)</P>
<P>The following link will take you to the first couple of months of the =

programme on the website. Whilst there why not have a nose around at the =
rest of=20
the website an consider how you might contribute to this valuable club=20
resource.</P>
<P>http://www.maidenhead.cc/twiki/bin/view/Main/ProGramme</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>LIBRARY EXHIBITION</P>
<P>I cannot let the opportunity slip to mention the Library Exhibition. =
A big=20
thank you to all the people who helped me on this, it was not a one man =
show and=20
they know who they are. Also a big thanks to all members who contributed =
prints=20
to the exhibition, without whom, lets face it, it would just be a load =
of velcro=20
boards! Special mention though to the committee for positively =
responding to my=20
request for an urgent summer committee meeting and to Chris Pooley and =
Bob=20
Simpson for assisting in putting it all up.</P>
<P>If you contributed prints, some or all of your work was on display. I =
am keen=20
to return this to you (I don=92t need many excuses for an untidy lounge) =
but also=20
need to keep one eye on the open evening where some of the work will be=20
featured.</P>
<P>Disappointingly the Advertiser seemed to ignore a press release I =
sent them.=20
I spoke to them on the Thursday and they assured me an item was in the =
paper.=20
Sadly we may have been =91bumped=92. An unfortunate plane crash happened =
on that=20
Thursday, as they went to print. I will try again for the Open Evening =
(an=20
advert has been placed). </P>
<P>From exhibitions now closed to current exhibitions =85=85=85.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NORDEN FARM </P>
<P>Wednesday 31<SUP>st</SUP> August marks the start of Norden Farm=92s=20
5<SUP>th</SUP> birthday celebrations. It is difficult for many of us to =
believe=20
that it has been FIVE years.</P>
<P>To celebrate this milestone major arts groups have been invited to=20
contribute. As ever MCC is at the forefront and Rod Bird (still =
convalescing=20
from Welsh photographic ventures!) has stepped to the plate and gathered =

together a selection of club images and presented them in our frames. =
The=20
preceding sentence does not do justice to the effort Rod will have gone =
to, to=20
put this on. Thanks also to contributors!</P>
<P>I look forward to seeing the work on display (whilst trying to =
exhibit some=20
of our leaflets!!!).</P>
<P>Do get along to Norden Farm before the 18<SUP>th</SUP> September to =
see the=20
exhibition.</P>
<P>SPRING EVENT AT NORDEN FARM</P>
<P>A key success over the summer has been to secure the services of Mike =
Maloney=20
as our keynote speaker at Norden Farm on 11<SUP>th</SUP> April. Big =
thanks to=20
John Saunders, Bob Simpson, Peter Noble and others in securing this, and =
to John=20
for his continued contact with Mike to ensure all is in order. He is a =
former=20
Mirror Group Newspaper =91snapper=92, winner of many awards and more =
recently a=20
regular contributor to Amateur Photographer. Readers of AP will have =
noticed=20
that Mike has celebrated his proposed visit to Maidenhead with a haircut =
a=20
little longer than mine.</P>
<P>He is a great public speaker, it should be a great event.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>WHAT DID YOU DO DURING THE SUMMER?</P>
<P>This is the title of our second evening. A chance to present to =
members old=20
and new. It was very successful last year. If you wish to contribute, =
please let=20
me know. Places and TIME strictly limited!</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>NEW SEASON, NEW YEAR, RESOLUTION???</P>
<P>The season starts 6<SUP>th</SUP> September.</P>
<P>Do come along. Chat to potential new members. Do your best to recruit =
them! I=20
cannot emphasise enough how important this is. As many of you will know =
I have a=20
terrible head for names dates etc. etc., but we need to make people feel =

welcomed and able to be a part of our =91community=92 =96 I know you =
will do us all=20
proud.</P>
<P>Do let others know that the season is starting, we need to keep on =
recruiting=20
to maintain our very healthy membership numbers.</P>
<P>I will be sending you a few leaflets in the next couple of days. This =
will be=20
accompanied by a full programme, a letter from me (zzzz zzz zzz) and a=20
membership application form (as suggested at the AGM).</P>
<P>Make it your =91new year=92 resolution to </P>
<OL type=3Da>
  <LI>stick up a few leaflets on noticeboards you have access to or hand =
them to=20
  interested parties</LI>
  <LI>come to the open evening to meet new members (crucial) and old=20
  acquaintances (enjoyable) </LI>
  <LI>pay your subs early by completing the membership form I send to=20
you</LI></OL>
<P>If enough people do this, I will make it my =91new year=92 resolution =
to</P>
<OL type=3Da>
  <LI>Write shorter emails</LI>
  <LI>That=92s it! =96 what more could incentive could you =
need.</LI></OL>
<P>I have probably missed loads I was supposed to tell you.</P>
<P>Do not forget TUESDAY 6<SUP>TH</SUP> !!!!</P>
<P>See you on Tuesday 6<SUP>th</SUP>, no doubt with appropriate payment =
method=20
in hand!</P>
<P>Michael </P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C5ADBD.CC1ACDA0--