[Mad4dance]Mad4Dance List

paul.simons@philips.com paul.simons@philips.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:00:41 +0000

Hi Folks

Absolute stacks on this weekend including the party weekender. Some det=
ails below, sent from Colin
Shaul ofa discounted weekend if you can get in early enough,

A special mention to Peter Philips this Friday as he has a no frills ni=
ght in Brighton, but which
includes loads of goodies.  Also John Miller is back with a top night o=
ver in Bookham on Saturday.

Dave Stanton (co-founder of the Core Cerocers/Mad4Dance and great frien=
d) is back on line he sends this chatter:

Just when Paul thought it was safe to be asked directions to
a particular dance venue.....whack i'm back on line.
I've no good recent episodes to tell of Paul's navigational skills, so =
I can
only assume that, in the 14 months I've been "e-less", Paul has been
surgically fitted with a GPS!

I'm not sure how many of you I know nowadays, I gather the list has gro=
wn as
people have changed their dance venues.

Me, I only dance on a Friday and Saturday (and not then if it's more th=
an 5
minutes drive).  I'm suffering from that complacency allergy
called "WOMEN ARE THE CURSE OF THE DANCING MAN" the symptoms of which a=
re:
gardening, decorating, shopping, washing up etc....Only joking Lesley
Ann,honest!

I've also expanded my taste in music - forget that big band stuff - tha=
nks
to Lesley and my mate Steve Green (of the Third row fame - I must remem=
ber
to spike his CD player) I'm now into "Me first and the gimme gimme's" -=

particularly enjoyable when the girlfriend insists it's played at full
volume at 1 am - good stuff, this modern punk.

I'll leave it at that for now, it will give you time to de-register fro=
m the
list.

Charming - to heckle Dave back email him (please) on: dagstanton@hotmai=
l.com

This week's recommendations are:

28-31st March Weekend
**Party Weekender, Warmwell Park - Workshops / fun & dance + LIVE bands=
 BYO Kids
--  Party Weekender have 9 Silver lodge cabins available at a discount
-- Excellent accommodation in country surroundings with the sea only a =
miles
-- away at Weymouth. 3nights of Bands & Dj's, plus workshops and on sit=
-- facilities plus Dry slope skiing!, swimming etc
-- So if you haven't go enough for a whole unit, don't despair they wil=
l still
-- let you have one at =A369 per person so why not give them a call on =
0208 5931947.

Friday 28th March
**Drop'n Jive, St. Mary's Church Hall, Surrenden Road, Preston Park, Br=
ighton, 8.00-11.30, =A35
-- No class or cabaret, but free tea, coffee,squash, iced water, squash=
 cake and chocolate all night.

**Ceroc, The Park Langley Club, 44a Wickham Way, Beckenham, Kent
-- Small but perfectly formed new Friday venue

**Rebel Roc, Civic Hall, The Boulevard, Crawley, Susssex, 8-11
-- Fun venue that has a good atmosphere

Saturday 29nd March
**Jag Jive, Old Barn Hall, Bookham, nr Leatherhead.
-- Stonking music and great friendly atmosphere. Call  01372 457583 to =
reserve space(s)
-- Soft drinks, juice and water sold at cost, bring your own alcohol.

**Rebel Roc, HG Wells, Church St. East, Woking - Fully Air Conditioned =
? Free Parking
-- Excellent venue, ideal for dancing

**Ceroc, Great Hall, Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley - 8- 12
-- Large quality Ceroc venue, excellent dancers

**LeRoc, E/bourne Town Hall, Grove Rd, Eastborne
?- With uest Teachers & cabaret from Nigel & Nina

As ever, please make your own dance suggestion to the list by sending t=
hem to m4d-list@mad4dance.org.
All submissions will be copied to our website. Should you wish to be un=
subscribed from this list send an email
to: m4d-list-admin@mad4dance.org or visit http://www.mad4dance.org/ and=
 remove yourself.

Have a great weekend

Paul

Useful links:
Our own home page:
http://www.mad4dance.org/

Video Clips:
http://www.cerocnet.co.uk/

For listings
http://www.lyndaslist.com
http://www.dancefloor.org.uk/dancetimes.html

For specific Jive outfits:
http://www.ceroc-horsham.ndirect.co.uk/ceroc/index.htm
http://www.cerockent.co.uk/
http://www.ceroc-guildford.com/
http://www.lerocdance.co.uk/
http://www.leroc-uk.com
http://www.rebelroc.com/
http://www.geocities.com/jagjive/
http://www.rocstar.co.uk
http://www.danceparty-dance2000.co.uk/
http://www.jiveriot.com/
http://www.2jive4.co.uk/
http://www.gazzabash.com/
http://www.eventsforcharity.co.uk
http://www.jivehive.co.uk/

For East Coast Swingers:
http://www.jiveconnection.co.uk

For weekend breaks (ie Camber Sands in May/Nov, Bognor Regis in Jan):
http://www.jivetime.co.uk/
http://www.partyweekender.com

For dance fans:
http://www.thethirdrow.co.uk