[HTS-members] Maidenhead Plan consultation

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Wed Jul 6 15:35:53 BST 2022

Dear Member

Maidenhead is producing a planning document for the future of parts of the
town. A draft has been produced for consultation as below. Although we are
on the other side of the river it is of relevance to us so please take a
look and feel free to submit your comments.

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

RE: Public consultation: Draft South West Maidenhead Supplementary Planning
Document

I would like to invite you to take part in our public consultation on a key
planning document for South West Maidenhead. As you may be aware, this is a
major development area allocated in our adopted Borough Local Plan to
deliver significant housing and employment growth.

Our vision is to provide a sustainable, high-quality and distinctive place
where people will want to live and enjoy living, that is well integrated
into the existing community and supported by the right on-site community
facilities and infrastructure.

During spring 2022, we held three online events helping to inform production
of a site-specific Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). This SPD will
provide more detailed guidance to help implement the policies and vision
already set in the Borough Local Plan, guiding future planning applications.
With the SPD area containing land in multiple ownerships, it will also help
ensure development, and the infrastructure needed to support it, happens in
a coordinated and comprehensive way.

Having considered the initial public feedback, the Council has produced, for
public consultation, a  <https://consult.rbwm.gov.uk/file/6029027> draft SPD
document.  This consultation is now running for six weeks, until Wednesday,
17 August.

To access the event, view the documents and comment, please use the South
West Maidenhead Development Framework SPD Consultation portal:
<https://consult.rbwm.gov.uk/kse/event/36965> SPD Event

(If the link appears to be broken, please try copying the entire link into
the address bar on your web browser.)

Please note, if you would like to comment on more than one
section/paragraph/appendix of the draft SPD, the consultation portal allows
for multiple forms to be completed on the same registered consultation
account. After submission of the first form, the web page returns to the
home page for further representation forms to be completed.

To get involved and find out more, please attend one of the events below, or
visit  <http://www.rbwm.gov.uk/SWMaidenhead-SPD> SWMaidenhead-SPD where you
can view the draft SPD document and supporting documents and complete the
feedback form.

If you don't have online access, public access computers are also available
in the library, where you will also be able to view a hard copy of the SPD
and pick up a feedback form.

*	14 July, 2pm to 6.30pm - Maidenhead Library drop-in session
*	20 July, 12.30pm to 5pm - Maidenhead Library drop-in session
*	26 July, 2pm to 7pm - Braywick Leisure Centre drop-in session
*	27 July, 7-9pm - Online event via Microsoft Teams - The link for
joining will be added to the website during w/c 25 July.

All comments received will be considered as part of the process for
preparing the final SPD document. We will be publishing a summary of all
comments received on our website in due course as part of the consultation
process.

Please note that responses must be attributable to named individuals or
organisations. View our Privacy Notice -
<https://www.rbwm.gov.uk/home/council-and-democracy/strategies-and-policies/
data-protection/privacy-notice-planning-policy-consultations-and-call-sites>
Privacy notice : Planning Policy : Consultations and Call for Sites | Royal
Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (rbwm.gov.uk)

If you have any questions, please contact
<mailto:planning.consultation at rbwm.gov.uk>
planning.consultation at rbwm.gov.uk.

Thank you if you have already provided your views on the plans for the South
West Maidenhead area. I hope you will participate in this consultation.

Yours sincerely,

Ian Motuel

Planning Policy Manager