[HTS-members] Taplow Court gardens

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Sat Jun 26 09:24:40 BST 2021

Dear Member

I know that many of us have missed the open days at Taplow Court during the
long lockdown, so I am very pleased to forward this announcement from Robert
Harrap, the General Director of SGI.

As some consolation for the gardens of Taplow Court not being open to the
public at the moment, I am delighted to let you know that on Wednesday next
week there will be a webinar at 7.00pm about the Taplow Court estate. Phil
Rollinson, our head gardener, and Claire Donnelly who works with him will be
explaining about the approach they are taking to make the estate as
sustainable as possible, and will be describing everything from the tree
planting we are doing, to the management of the rare chalk meadow, the water
conservation, wildlife, the SSSI, and maintaining a formal garden in an
increasingly warmer climate. I am sure this will be of interest to our
friends in the local community.

The link to register for the webinar is:

<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/taplow-court-creative-action-in-response-to-
the-climate-crisis-tickets-157667554901>
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/taplow-court-creative-action-in-response-to-t
he-climate-crisis-tickets-157667554901

And here is the link for our website in case anyone is interested in
recordings of other talks we have arranged on environmental issues and the
climate crisis from last October (and which will run up to COP26 in Glasgow
in November):

 <https://sgi-uk.org/Climate-Change> https://sgi-uk.org/Climate-Change

I do hope you will join the webinar on Wednesday - or at least watch the
recording once we have had it uploaded on the website.

Robert Harrap, General Director SGI

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS