[HTS-members] Events diary

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Tue Jun 1 14:36:24 BST 2021

Dear members

First
A reminder for the Tidy Up Taplow activity this Sunday. Come along to the
Village Hall 10-12 to pick up bags, Hi-Viz jackets and litter pickers. Let's
see how much we can clear up for the summer now that the weather has turned.

Second
We are still working to a July 3rd date for our Village Green Party. Noises
from the government about the June 21st date being met are rather ominous
but we will have to wait till June 14th (at the moment) to know more.
As it is so uncertain we will hold ticket selling off until the 14th
announcement. We can of course fully refund ticket holders should anything
unforeseen happen but it seems sensible to wait a while yet.
BUT PLEASE KEEP THE DATE IN YOUR DIARIES.

Third
A little later in the summer there is an event you might wish to support.
On 27 August, we will have the opportunity to cheer military kayakers on an
epic 280 mile paddle down canals and the River Thames from Liverpool to
London to raise funds to erect a memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum
to remember their fellow brothers and sisters lost to suicide after their
have finished their service to the country. They plan to depart  Boulter's
Lock around 2pm and will pass below Maidenhead Bridge a few minutes later.
Details and donations at:
 <https://www.elysiummemorial.co.uk> https://www.elysiummemorial.co.uk

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

07787556309