[HTS-members] A plethora of Planning

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 12:51:31 BST 2020

Dear member

STOP PRESS:
https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/news/decision-made-chiltern-and-south-buc
ks-local-plan/
The SBDC/CDC draft Local Plan has been officially withdrawn by Bucks County.
All reference to it is to be deleted from council sites

One benefit of Covid is that there has been something of a lull in planning
applications but this has been more than made up for by a rash of
consultations on topics both local and nationally important.

So here is a list of what we have said about them and some you may still
wish to comment on.

Burnham Beeches
A draft of a Supplementary Planning Document covering the protection of
Burnham Beeches was consulted on. Its content was OK but it left out the
compensatory requirement for replacement green space to offset development
in the surrounding area (which includes Taplow). It said this was covered in
the Local Plan which is now withdrawn. Our comment is attached.

Housing Numbers

This consultation on some drastic increases in required house building
numbers escaped out attention until almost too late. These numbers are over
and above those being catered for in the just withdrawn Local Plan and
propose a standard central method of allocating house numbers per Local
Authority. Our submission attached.

Planning for the Future
A second government consultation immediately followed - a White Paper
proposing a complete recast of the entire planning regime in England and
Wales.
The proposals will, in our view, have a dramatic effect on the ability of
individuals and communities to have any meaningful voice in the preparation
of Local Plans or in objecting to individual applications in their
neighbourhood.
The consultation is open until 29th October. Please make a submission, even
at a very broad level.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/planning-for-the-future
Our submission is attached.
The Civic Society is running a questionnaire on this if you wish to take
part at:
<https://civicvoice.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5128291c803f6665770467
1f8&id=76ee165112&e=46786f52bb> https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3KVM8TB
You might be interested in the draft response from Bucks County as a handy
primer. We broadly agree with their comments.

Bucks Budget
The county is running a consultation on its budget priorities at:

https://yourvoicebucks.citizenspace.com/corporate-services/budget-2021-22/

Many of the issues raised by these consultations will be aired in our
forthcoming Newsletter, together with information on how we will have to run
our AGM on Zoom this year.

Pandemic

A Covid update for Bucks is attached also as the situation appears to be
worsening somewhat.

Best regards

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS

07787556309

https://yourvoicebucks.citizenspace.com/corporate-services/budget-2021-22/co
nsultation/subpage.2020-09-22.9227035210/