[HTS-members] HTS members update

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Mon Apr 20 19:42:40 BST 2020

Dear member

The Newsletter
The Spring issue of our Newsletter will be out shortly and I congratulate
our editorial team for maintaining its high standard in these difficult
times. Many matters are covered in detail, such as progress on the Local
Plan and the election for the new Buckinghamshire Council.

Its delivery will pose some challenges. Most copies will be delivered during
our ration of daily exercise but this may lead to some delays. We will also
put the issue up on the website earlier than our usual one month.

We usually collect any cash subscriptions on delivery but will hold back on
these until government restrictions are lifted. It would help us if
cash-payers could instead print off, complete and send the attached standing
order authority to the address thereon.

Rubbish clearance
With the closure of the household waste centres you may be receiving offers
from private contractors, in particular for garden waste. Please check their
lawfulness carefully. Green waste disposal requires operators to be licensed
just the same as general and building waste disposal. You can follow the
Bucks County guidance to check this:

*	S - Suspect all waste carriers; do not let them take your waste
until they have proven themselves to be legitimate. A professional waste
carrier should happily answer reasonable questions.
*	C - Check that a waste carrier is registered on the Environment
Agency's website
<https://environment.data.gov.uk/public-register/view/index> .
*	R - Refuse any unexpected offers to have your rubbish taken away. If
you suspect that someone who you have spoken to will be disposing of waste
illegally, report them to the Environment Agency.
*	A - Ask what will happen to your rubbish and seek evidence that it
is going to be disposed of appropriately.
*	P - Paperwork must be obtained: a proper invoice, waste transfer
note or receipt, including a description of the waste being removed and the
waste carrier's contact details.

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS