[HTS-members] Activities and actions

HTS Secretary secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
Wed Mar 20 16:14:54 GMT 2019

Dear Member

Tidy up Taplow Sunday  7th April
As part of the Keep Britain Tidy Campaign we are supporting a litter
clearing day in Taplow on Sunday April 7th. Please help us tidy up Taplow.
All help welcome to clear litter and roadside unsightliness in Taplow. The
Society is organising this in conjunction with the Parish Council. An
attached poster gives details or call our committee member Jacqueline Turner
who is organising the day. jacqrturner at gmail.com
<mailto:jacqrturner at gmail.com>  or 01628 785491. Just come along to the
Village Hall from 10:30 for a quick briefing, equipment and tea and biscuits
when the job is done.

The Souls of Taplow Court  Wednesday 10th April 12:45
A lunchtime talk at Maidenhead Heritage Centre on:
'Willie & Ettie -The Souls of Taplow Court' by Nigel Smales

Naming Taplow Bridge
We communicated last year about the intention of Berkeley Homes to run a
competition to name the new Taplow footbridge. See the attached notice. It
is important that we make our views felt on this matter as we are strongly
of the opinion that it should be called TAPLOW BRIDGE as a complement to
Maidenhead Bridge (road) and Maidenhead Viaduct (rail) and to reflect the
fine work done by Berkeley Homes in developing the TAPLOW Riverside estate.
Please write in before 1st April, even if you have already done so. The
email address to use is: taplowriverside at berkeleygroup.co.uk
<mailto:taplowriverside at berkeleygroup.co.uk>

The HTS Easter Egg Hunt Easter Monday 22nd April
It will soon be time for our ever popular Easter Egg Hunt. Fun and eggs for
children, coffee and excellent cakes for grown-ups. Please book in advance
to help us with catering numbers. Tickets available at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/easter-egg-hunt-tickets-59052948960

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS