[HTS-members] HTS updates and reminders

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 15:27:39 BST 2018

Committee
We are sorry to lose the services of Miv Wayland-Smith from our committee.
He is stepping down after over eight years on the committee and even longer
as a mainstay of the Village Green Party. Most recently he managed the
installation of the memorial bench in the Old Priory Gardens. Thank you Miv
for your great support.

At our meeting on Monday we were very pleased to co-opt Jonathan Spektor
from Ellington Road to the committee.

War memorial
Following the successful funding appeal, Phil Taylor has obtained the
necessary "FACULTY" agreement from the Oxford diocese for the work to
proceed in the churchyard. Adrian Powell is now scheduling the restoration
work. One item needing research is an inscription that is heavily eroded.
Any early photos of the memorial might help. We are hopeful the work will be
completed in time for the armistice day service.
Note that Phil will be cycling "Palace to Palace" (Buckingham to Windsor) on
7th October as part of the church's Southside fundraising appeal.

Events

Ploughing match Sunday, 30th September, 2018
Royal East Berkshire Agricultural Association
Barge Farm, Marsh Lane, Taplow, Buckinghamshire, SL6 0DF.  For further
details contact Dorothy Allard on 07780 978893.

Macmillan Cancer Support coffee mornings
Friday / Saturday 28th 29th September
St Nicolas church. See attached poster

Village Green Party 2019 Sat 22nd June

Roger Worthington, Secretary HTS