[HTS-members] Planning, surveys and reminders

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Fri May 4 16:51:56 BST 2018

Hope you enjoyed the May issue of our Newsletter?

Reminders of summer entertainment in the village (See attached posters)
The Village Green Party Saturday June 23rd

The Summer Fete Saturday June 30th

Objections

We have resubmitted our objection to the application to change the Riviera
Hotel to residential.  Our original objections stand except for that
relating to its east elevation facing Taplow. This has been extensively
revised to be a considerable improvement. We also add that Maidenhead is
this year trying very hard to improve its Thames riverside attractiveness,
making this loss of facilities a significant blow.

We have written to the new Secretary Of State concerning proposals for
Unitary Authorities within Buckinghamshire. The previous Secretary indicated
he was in favour of a single authority which we believe is far too large and
will be inefficient and unresponsive. We strongly suggest you write also
with your view. The matter is very far from settled and we have a new
Secretary of State.

Some surveys:

St Nicolas Church is looking for parishioners views on church usage:

<http://st-nicolas-taplow.org/blog/2018/04/please-could-you-fill-in-our-wors
hip-survey/>
http://st-nicolas-taplow.org/blog/2018/04/please-could-you-fill-in-our-worsh
ip-survey/

Our local police force runs a quarterly neighbourhood survey on what their
priorities should be.
 <http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SouthBucksApril2018/>
http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SouthBucksApril2018/

Road Closure
Cliveden Road, Taplow - Taplow Common Road to Hill Farm Road (11/05/18 to
21/05/2018) Surface dressing prep works taking place under a day time road
closure between 09:30 and 15:30hrs.

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.