[HTS-members] HTS AGM notice and news

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 10:39:28 GMT 2017

Dear member

We are very sad to record the death of Karl Lawrence. Karl had been a strong
committee member of the Society for fourteen years and chairman from 2011.
He made great contributions to criticisms of the Bishop Centre
re-development and helped steer the creation of the Supplementary Planning
Document for the Mill Lane project. We will miss his critical but very human
presence and extend our sympathy to Rosaleen and the family.

Attached is a notice for the 2017 AGM meeting on the 8th December.

There is the necessary business of electing the committee for 2018. Please
give serious thought as to whether you could contribute to the committee's
work. As the population of Taplow changes we are in need of fresh members to
ensure we remain relevant. Changes and development pressures can come
unheralded and we need to be ready at short notice.

We propose to amend the constitution of the Society. This is simply to bring
it more into line with current practice for small associations.

In addition to the formal business we are delighted that Martin Knight will
then talk about the background to the footbridge being constructed across
the Thames that he has designed and has done so much to bring into being.

The concern over the County proposal for the A4 cycleway continues. We have
supported the Parish Council Freedom of Information request to the County to
discover why they appeared to take no action on criticisms for some 8
months. There will be an update on this at the AGM.

Bucks CC are intending to close the mobile library service. There is a
consultation over this at:
https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/libraries/mobile-library-service-consult
ation/

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.